Labor Day weekend, the last breath of summer, is finally upon us.
While I’m as guilty as anyone of ignoring the importance of the day and focusing on the sales, Labor Day really should resonate with everyone. We all work so hard every day, and we’ve all benefited from the strides made in the last century to support and protect us.
- Jews United for Justice hosts Labor on the Bimah 2011: Organized Labor, with events around the DC area.
- Leonard Fein discusses why Labor issues are Jewish issues in this article from The Jewish Daily Forward.
- The Jewish Labor Commitee, founded in 1934, describes itself as the Jewish voice in the Labor movement, and the voice of the Labor movement in the Jewish community.
- Learn about the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire, which deeply affected the Jewish community and led to sweeping Labor reforms.
- Read the original manifesto by the Jew who started it all.