Lucette Lagnado, acclaimed author of The Man in the White Sharkskin Suit, has been all over the news in the past two weeks for her new memoir The Arrogant Years. The book, which looks at her and her mother’s lives in Egypt and America, has been extremely well received, and is finding an eager audience in an America captivated by the unfolding drama in the Middle East. Meet Lucette at our annual Bernstein Lecture on November 2.
- The Wall Street Journal, “Saying Goodbye to Egypt Again“
- NPR podcast, ‘The Arrogant Years'”: An Egyptian Family in Exile
- The New York Jewish Week, “Egyptian Girlhood Interrupted?”
- Tablet podcast, “Mother’s Helper“
- The New York Times, “Leaving Egypt, Finding Brooklyn“
- Jewish Book Council blog, “An Arrogant Revolution”